Apr 8, 2008

Rest In Me

Rest in me, come sit awhile
No words need to be spoken.
I hear your heart speaking
I know you are still seeking.
To find a quiet place to just
Lay your weary head.

Rest in me, sit by my side
There is peace in my presence.
Under my wings your hiding
Safely with me abiding.
It’s okay to be still daughter
Let me hold you.

Rest in me, fall in my arms
Let go and please trust me.
I will help you cope
I will give you hope.
It will be okay I promise
I won’t let you go.

Lorie A. Yocum Copyright © 2006-2008

Come unto me all you who are weary and heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Love Jesus

4 comments:

Rilda said...

Blesssings my dear, may we continually sit with Our Father for Hallalelujah we come to know Him deeply and His will so we can see Jesus in us and every one. I love your new blog look and you have everything just right. I am so thankful we can share and become closer in the circle of love. *U* Love to you and yours, rilda

Looney Mom™ said...

Beautiful poetry. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I've been meaning to come and say hello but have been so busy. I hope you'll be back to visit again. I will certainly try to stop by here more to read some more beautiful poetry.

Kristen Reyna said...

Absolutely beautiful! How many times I've been inexplicably grateful I'm in His care! You've said it perfectly. Thanks for sharing.
Many blessings,
Kristen

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Kristen, Thanks for dropping by, God is so faithful,his arms of love is always available for us to fall into.