Apr 2, 2009

Taking A Breather


I was invited by a dear sister to a 2 day breather Womens Retreat Friday, and Saturday, The theme comes from the book of Mark when Jesus says.. "Come away with me and rest." It's called a breather because it will be a time of rest, refreshing, and one on one time with the Lord. No programs, no workshops, just resting in the presence of the Lord where each woman will have time to go off by themselves sit, mediatate, read the word, and journal.

I look forward to this breather and ask each of you to say a special prayer for me that the Lord will open up my spirit and soul in a way that it has never been opened before. Pray that I will be able to sit, listen, and write, what he speaks into my spirit. My body has been really struggling through a time of fatigue, and I have felt myself just dragging this past month due to my chronic illness. I really need more strength, and a touch from the Lord's healing hands.

This is the entrance to Ford Island where our breather will take place, a little island across a bridge. It's right next to Pearl Harbor and is run by the military.

Below is the bridge we have to drive across to get to the little island, before they built the bridge there was a ferry that would take people to the island.

This is a view of Ford island it is so beautiful and really feels secluded ,and surrounded by water, The view from the island is so awesome because you can see the all the different areas of Honolulu, the mountains, and peaceful ocean.



I will see you all when I get back and will share more of my breather experience from the tiny island across the sea.

16 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Dear Lorie,
First of all, I would like to say Thank you for your prayers for my mother. I pray you yourself, will be refreshed and drawn even closer to Him at the retreat. Have a beautiful weekend.

Blessings & hugs,
Sandi

Sharon said...

I am in agreement with your prayer requests. Enjoyyyyy your time, looking forward to hearing more about the re-treat!

Have a Beautiful and Blessed weekend :)

Penny said...

Very cool. That's an awesome retreat -- one where you can actually relax and renew your walk with God. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Ruthie said...

That looks like a wonderful place to be for renewal. Prayers for you as you have your weekend.
Hugs.

anon said...

will be thinking of you and pray that you will indeed have a refreshing time. Judith

The Raggedy Girl said...

What fun and what a lovely place to live in. I was there in 1959!

You reminded me I need to call and sign up for a weekend too.

Thanks!

Have A Fabulous Friday
From Roberta Anne
The Raggedy Girl.

Anonymous said...

THE PICS LOOK VERY NICE. I'M SURE YOU ARE GONNA HAVE A GREAT TIME.
ENJOY!

From the Heart said...

Lorie,
You will be n my prayers as you are everyday. I pray that God gives you the peace and rest that your soul, mind and body needs and you will feel His healing touch in the name of Jesus.

My husband is having an ultrasound Monday morning checking for gallbladder and maybe checking later for an ulcer. The nurse he talked with was concerned it might be his heart but the doctor didn't think so. God is in control. He has brought me through so many things and I know He will do the same for my husband.
What a great God we serve,
AliceE.

Andrea said...

Enjoy your breather - well deserved and for the best purpose.

God Chaser said...

Lori it is my prayer God will bless you this weekend in a very special way. Lord Thy God open Lori's heart and soul in a way in which it has never been open before. Speak to her heart Lord and pour all she needs into her spirit that she will be able write, speak and minister to hearts and soul. We ask for refreshing and restoration for her body. Lord we thank and praise You for we know You can do exceedingly and abundantly more than we ask. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen

Lelia Chealey said...

Just prayed for you my dear sister! I can't wait to read what God leads you to share with us.

Leaon Mary said...

You are at the retreat Lorie and I am praying for you. May you feel revived, refreshed, renewed; body, spirit, mind, soul.

My sister went on a hermitage at the blue cloud abbey in south dakota awhile back. Getting away from it all is what Jesus did too.

I'll be anxious to hear from you when you come back.
Holykisses,
Lea

Beth in NC said...

Oh, I pray you've had a wonderful time! The retreat I was at last weekend was entitled REST! Do you think God is up to something with His daughters?

Bless you!
Beth

Edie said...

Hi Lorie! Thanks for your prayers and kind words. I've kept you in my prayers. Are you feeling less fatigued these days?

Enjoy the retreat!
((Huggs))

Kay Martin said...

Beautiful pictures. Yes, it is time for rest and refreshment. Know we are all praying for you.

Hugz~Dixie said...

Stopping by to say Hi. Retreats are always so well deserved. I'm sure you are having a wonderful weekend.