Sep 18, 2009

Room Of Hope: An Invitation

I was truly inspired as I began to write these words of God’s hope. I have written poetry, words of inspiration, and encouragement, but none has touched my spirit quite like this one. I had to stop a few times as my eyes welled up with tears, realizing this was to be a personal invitation from the Lord, to those who really needed to find their way to the path of hope.

Besides if there is one thing we “ALL” need, it is “HOPE,” when I looked up hope it said, “One that gives promise for the future.” I have found it difficult to have hope without the Lord in my life, the world is filled with false hopes and broken promises. The bible says without hope, life loses its meaning, that is why we must put “ALL” of our hope in the Lord.

Room Of Hope

If you really search deep within
There is a room called hope..
That longs to meet with you
It awaits your presence.

In the deepest depth of your soul.
In the hidden and secret places.
It’s light flickers in the darkness
It longs to be found.

Its warmth is so welcoming
Like a fireplace in the winter.
Like the sun upon your face
It desires to be felt..

This room is filled with peace
Soothing as a warm cup of tea.
Comforting as a soft quilt
It desires to embrace you.

There is a pathway to hope
Follow it with all your heart.
Listen, as it calls your name
The God of Hope is there.

My Prayer.. Lord bless your words of hope; let those who stop by and read this today accept your loving invitation. Lead them to the path of hope, the path that lead to you, let each one leave praising and glorifying your name saying… “It is well; it is well, with my soul.

Written by: Lorie A. Yocum Copyright © 2009
All Rights Reserved Used With Permission Only.


31 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Amen. So beautiful. And I prayed your prayer with you. What are we going to do if Jesus didn't come to save us? We are definitely facing that eternal destruction and that would be awful to live our lives having no hope. Glory to God! Blessings to you sister. Hope all is well.

Paula V said...

Very good. I like how peace fills the room of hope.

You are right everyone wants hope. I think hope and peace are right there...maybe neck and neck.

We talked about peace last night in small group as we studied. One young gal shared had she never felt peace. I admit I don't feel peace or at peace all the time...not a lot lately...depends on the subject but can't say I'm at peace with my life though.

I do have hope and it's flickering in that darkness.

Joy said...

My hope rest in Him all day long.

Beautiful words of Hope.

Thank you Lorie,

Joy

From the Heart said...

If we did not have hope in Jesus what would we do? I pray for all who visit your's, mine and other's blogs that many people will be led to that blessed hope that only comes through submission to our Heavenly Father's son, Jesus.

I too hope all is well with you.
Love you,
AliceE.

Cathy said...

That is just so beautiful, Lorie. Christ in us is our hope of glory. Did you see my hymn I wrote, Hope of Glory?

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beautifully written, Lorie! Thank you for sharing from your heart once again. Jesus is our Blessed Hope!

Blessings,
Sandi

Rilda said...

Amen sistah!! With hope all is well with my soul, with out hope there was not much life in me. Thank you for sharing with me as we journey into a life of His Hope as we are all set free. Lovingly, rilda *U*

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

It is well with my soul...love your words dear sister in Christ. I wish you all JOY!
Blessings,
Pam

BritChickNY said...

Lorie, this is lovely and so encouraging. Thank-you for sharing your gift of words with all of us.

Denise said...

Thanks for always blessing my heart, I love you.

crochet lady said...

Hi Lori, just letting you know that you won the earrings in my give away!

Hope you'll like them. I left my email address on my current post. You can email me your address and I'll send them on. Thanks for entering!

Blessings
Jen

Charlotte said...

Hope is a beautiful word. Hopeless is such a horrible word. Thank you for the beautiful poem. I'm so thankful we have such a wonderful hope.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is a beautiful poem! Your picture is just perfect with your poem. You are so talented, and I'm glad you posted this today.
Thank-you and God bless,
Ginger

michelle said...

life is not worth living without the Hope of Jesus Christ... =)

Musings of A Minister said...

Inspiring! Thank you for posting.

Mary said...

Beautifully said, and beautiful is the peace of God that is ours when our hope in in Him.

God bless,
Mary

SmilingSally said...

My very favorite hymn is "It is Well with My Soul," especially this verse:

My sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought/my sin, not in part, but the whole/is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more/Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh my soul!"

Susan said...

We have hope eternal when we have Jesus!!!!
Susan

Regina, DailyLiving said...

Wonderful encouragement.
He is our Hope Of Glory!
Thanks for sharing,
Have a blessed week.
Regina

Lauren said...

Lori - this is a beautiful post -- as always.

...and just wanted to let you know that I left an award for you at http://today-i-pray.blogspot.com

have a great day. Lauren

kymber said...

WOW! Lorie -you have a gift my friend! I am so glad that God put this on your heart to share today! There are so many out there who need to hear it. I pray that the Lord bring many hurting hearts to your blog today to read your beautiful words!
Thank you for your faithfulness dear sister!
Blessings to you,
Kymber

Barbara Jean said...

Lorie,
This is beautiful.

I cannot, at this moment, put into words what i would like to say.
For now, I wlll just say I am glad you visited me, ans thus i found your site, and your heart for God.

Blessings to you, and look forward to more of God's words through you.

Barbara Jean

Warren Baldwin said...

Another beautiful poem.

nannykim said...

Beautiful poem; I love the word pictures you make--it does help to picture hope in that way.

Renee said...

Many thanks for the post on hope...and I love the garden gate door...

Maxine said...

Oh, wow, Lorie. Soooo lovely. May I linger in that room. I could feel the warmth of that place through your words. Thanks for blessing us again.

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Very encouraging. Have a blessed week.

Attic Clutter said...

Lorie Hello..so nice to hear from you (:) YOur blogs encouraging words are always needed here..
hugs,Patty

Fannie said...

comforting as a warm quilt . . . ahhhhh. thanks for warming my heart. you're the best! amen.

Fitts said...

I really miss visiting your blog, so encouraging. Keep doing what you do.

Jennsmere said...

Beautiful, Lorie!!!

Hope is calling us...wanting to help us see who our Father really is!

Bless you,
Susan