Jan 13, 2010

Challenges And Changes

Tonight I’m sitting by my computer thinking of just where I am in my life for such a time as this. This past year I have found myself reflecting a lot, I don’t really know why exactly, and for what reasons. There has been a stirring going on deep within my spirit, like a caterpillar that is going through a transformation in darkness within a chrysalis. No one can see it from the outside, until it is ready to become what it truly was meant to be.

As I reflect, I see just how much I have changed from the girl I used to be, to the woman I have become. I remember telling the women in my workshop how the Lord has brought me through different phases in my spiritual walk. I myself am amazed to have discovered just where I am at this moment and time in my life. I have grown so much not only as a woman of God, but as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, and in ministry with my husband.

Each of these phases has led me through new beginnings and changes, you see…
When I gave my life to the Lord, I became a child of God. As time went by I grew into a daughter of the King. I matured becoming... A woman after God’s heart, my spirit blossomed, and my soul bloomed, revealing a woman of promise who began a journey of pursing the promises of God during her most intimate journey with the Lord.

Today, right now, at this very moment, a woman of hope was challenged to not just pray the prayer but to live the prayer. I have been able to move ahead, and grow spiritually, despite the circumstances in my life, and all that I have been through in my past. My eyes were opened to these revealing revelations that… everything does not always have to be perfect, I don’t always have to be in control, or in charge, or try to fix everything, nor change anyone.

Changes would begin with me instead, the broken me, brokenness I had to go through, brokenness that I needed to experience, deep within me and in my life. The most humbling changes became evident in my life during my seasons of brokenness, pieces of me that only God could put back together. Molded and shaped to become the woman after his heart, to become the woman he wants me to be, used for his glory.

I still don’t know, or can't quite understand, why all that I have gone through in my life happened the way it did, or even grasp why he allows the things that I have prayed and asked him to remove, still remain. All I do know is that I trust my life with the creator of life, for he knows what's best, and his grace is sufficient for me. I can truly say from deep within my soul as I reflect back, I would not change a thing.

I never thought I'd ever be able to say it, but I did, and with no regrets whatsoever in my spirit. I don’t know what challenges or changes will be next in my life, all I do know is that in all my tomorrows he is already there waiting for me. What I have learned through my journey with the Lord is that I don't have to go back in order to have a new beginning, a new beginning can start just where I am, at this moment, and time in my life.

My Prayer.. Lord I thank you for the challenges and the changes, even for the brokenness, as well as your blessedness in my life. Yet through all my changes, you Jesus remain the same, the author and finisher of my faith. Holy Spirit continue to have your way in my life now and forever more Amen.


Encouragement from My Heart Devotions: Copyright © 2007-2010 Written By: Lorie A. Yocum

15 comments:

RCUBEs said...

In our brokenness and emptiness, that's when His power works best in us. May God reveal what those things you've been reflecting on are about...Blessings.

Ginny said...

You know,I found out that the most strength I had spiritually was found when we were going through personal brokeness. Our life here is still changing, but our faith in God helping us through this walk is still here. I can relate to what you wrote today. Loved the prayer.

Devoted said...

awww...change is the evidence that we are in a relationship with the Most High, for He is more than a mere concept...one in which we believe, then we are good good Christians and that's the end...NO..He is alive and well and dwells among and in his people and works through us as we are continually pressed down, re-shaped, emptied and re-filled...always used but never used up! I thank Him always for using you to inspire that we all run the race that is set before us.

Rachel said...

Lorie - this is was such a touching post - our challengs refine us and make us who we are in Him. As I look back I'm thankful for each one because they brought me to where I am today in a relationship with God. He knew exactly what I needed to go through to come into a deep communion with Him.

What a tremendous comfort that He is with us always and will finish the work He started in us. That His love is enduring and unending. That His mercy reaches the skies. We have all we need in Him.

Smiles,

Rachel

From the Heart said...

I can also relate to what you have written. My changes and my closer relationship with God began after surgery in 1999 when He spared my life. One day we will have a brand new body that is whole and comletely free of pain and brokenness. I, too, would not change a thing because God has taught me so much.
Blessings and thanks for sharing,
AliceE.

Ballerina Girl said...

Your words are always so inspiring to me Lorie...
thank you

BG

Denise said...

Praying for you sis, love you.

Joy said...

Thank you for the prayer at the end. I prayed along with you.

So thankful He is the same no matter what phase of my life I'm in.

♥ Joy

Edie said...

"a new beginning can start just where I am, at this moment, and time in my life." You said it. This is so true. We don't know what He has planned for us but we can be sure that He is Good and Loves us.

Rich blessings!

Rose said...

Hi Lorie,
I have something for you on my blog today.
Rose

Joy said...

you are truly a deep and insightful person...God is really using you to communicate to others. I too know the broken me, the brokeness I had to go through to become what I am today. I too don't have any regrets, but know that change is a good thing when you learn from your mistakes and move on from it...still trying to do that day by day. thank goodness that I have the Lord on my side...I know I would never make it without him. I am blessed to know you Lorie...I hope all is well with you and have a blessed weekend! thanks for your friendship!

crochet lady said...

In the Mom's prayer group I am apart of we were praying along those lines today...that God is the master sculptor and sees what the block of wood, lump of clay or slab of stone really is. He sees inside the chrysalis and knows what will emerge.

I prayer for clearer eyesight to see more of who I was really meant to be and I want that same vision when I look at others. I want to see them how God sees them and look past the brokenness, the nicks, mars and smudges and yet know all those things help shape us into that vision of the real us.

I am so thankful for your always wise and real words.

Kelly said...

Hi ,
i`m Kelly, i have 22 yrs old from York , England .

We try to share this link from –Debby Alten — blog to share the story of espeacial lady with one amazing story !
We try to make something to help alittle this childrens , just search and look !

http://www.gtargirls.blogspot.com/

Our hearts are for the families from Haiti ,too ! Let`s keep prayers for all the overhelming situation of there .

Often when we face obstacles in our day-to-day life, our hurdles seem very small in comparison to what many others have to face. The Brooklyn Bridge shows us that dreams that seem impossible can be realised with determination and persistence, no matter what the odds are.The pursuit of happiness is a matter of choice…it is a positive attitude we consciously choose to express. It is not a gift that gets delivered to our doorstep each morning, nor does it come through the window. And I am certain that our circumstances are just a small part of what makes us joyful. If we wait for them to get just right, we will never find lasting joy.

The LORD is with us !

-:) Hugs

SmilingSally said...

Lorie,
Leaning on Him is proven over and over to be the best way to get through difficulty.

Perhaps you're having cold temps in Hawaii because you've allowed snow to come into your blog!

Leaon Mary said...

Reading your thoughts, makes me think some of the same things Lorie.
God is right where we are... every moment and I'm thankful too that He finds us in this way and can bring about something out of my nothing.