Mar 6, 2010

A Time Of Refreshing

With a glass of cool water in her hand, she walks outside into the beautiful bright sunshine, head lifted back, eyes closed, she feels the warmth of the sun upon her face. It felt as if the creator himself kissed her on her forehead and embraced her spirit.

She takes a sip of the cool refreshing water, and lets out a sigh. She smiles as a mild breeze brushes against her skin, those simple moments of joy, precious moments of connecting with her creator, through his creations.

She looks beside her at a little ficus tree, which a couple of months ago looked as if it would not have survived. Where once leaves were falling off, branches dried and withering, was now thriving, and growing strong, branches filled with the fullness of beautiful healthy new leaves.

The last couple of months she neglected to take time to water her plant, bypassing it each morning, and evening. Day after day she would see it getting weaker, it‘s withering dry leaves being blown away as the winds blew through it‘s branches. Deep inside she just did not have the energy within, so she did nothing.

It was likely that this tree reminded her of how she felt within her spirit,  weak, dry, and withering away. Those times when she felt like no one really cared or understood what she was feeling, or going through, the loneliness  she felt deep within her being. She looked at the ficus tree and said..

 How alike we both were, my spirit was  just as dry as you were dear tree. I passed  you by day after day, watching you simply withering away. We both needed a cool refreshing drink, you needing it  for your soil, and I for my spirit.. The tree swayed as the wind blew through its beautiful branches as if to say… yes, I remember,

 She smiles and pours the rest of her cool  refreshing water into the pot of her beautiful  ficus tree and smiles saying… There now, we both are refreshed once again.


 We must always remember to refresh one another with a word of encouragement. There will be days when we will feel lonely inside, thinking that no one cares, or understands what we may be going through. Be assured that, Jesus really cares, and he wants to pour out his living waters upon us, to refresh, and saturate our spirit, with his living words of life

Written By: Lorie A. Yocum Copyright © 2010

28 comments:

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Amen! What a blessing that as we are used by God to refresh each other, we ourselves are also refreshed. Have a wonderful weeked friend!
Wylie

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this is a great post....and your story really encouraged me....Blessings to you. Sarah

Rose said...

Beautiful post, beautiful photo and beautiful woman sitting there. Praise God for his living waters that refreshes our souls.
HUGS!

Peggy said...

Blessings Lorie (Fichus tree);

How inspirational your heartfelt words and comparison! Filled with HOPE! Hoping you are recovering well and that being one of the TOP 100 lifted your spirit!

Regina said...

Wonderful message! Amen. He alone truly the living waters that satisfies.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a beautiful message.
The video's and these girls are amazing. I had never heard of them until Lisa @ Priti Studio wrote a post. My heart just went out to these girls so much. Hope one day they get enough money to open up one for the boys. I am not sure this is one of their dreams or not. The continuing process usually grows to all.
Reading your comment I could tell they touched your heart as they did mine.
Thank you for telling me and giving me support.

Hugs!

Julie

P.s Going to have a look around your beautiful blog!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Lorie, you really touched my heart with this post. I can certainly identify with it. I'm happy to say that I too have been refreshed, like the tree. When no one understands what you're going through and everyone deserts you, Jesus is still there with you, loving you through all the aloneness and uncertainty.
Thank you for sharing. I hope you're doing well! Have a beautiful Sunday, dear friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise said...

Amen, beautifully said.

bp said...

We never know how one little kind word will bless another's day.

God bless you.
Bethany

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Love the river picture!

Renee said...

This is so beautiful and has such a necessary message for all of us. Glad to read that your tests came back well! Praise God.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is so beautiful,how true we all need to be given a glass of water.
God Bless,
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post,Im so glad your tests turned out well, lovely picture of you. The words in your post are so true you have great insight,encouragements from others can mean the world to someone.Thank you for sharing,Jonny

The Victorian Parlor said...

This is beautiful and so true! The Lord does refresh us and renew us-He is ever faithful! Praise the Lord on your wonderful news about your liver!!! I'm glad you are feeling better too:).

Blessings,

Kim

Barbara Jean said...

Lorie,

This is beautiful.
And certainly I have been feeling the dry, and loneliness of the ficus, tree for awhile.

Sometimes I do not know why I keep gong. What is this life I am living? It is of any value to anyone? What am I doing to serve Him? Why can't I connect again?

I'm glad you came by. Hope you try the Teabag Rose Tutorial.
If you make any, please let me know. I would love to show them off! =)

Blessings

barbara jean

LeAnn said...

I loved reading this, it was touching. Thanks for sharing it with us today! I know God is going to use it in my life. ~

Musings of A Minister said...

This is a beautiful, refreshing post in so many ways. I should say in every way. Thank so much for posting.

crochet lady said...

Sometimes that's the only thing that keeps me going...He cares, He knows, He loves, He's with me..even when I think I am alone.

Great post Lorie.

Anonymous said...

What a refreshingly beautiful post, Lorie. I could feel the streams of living water flow throughout my spirit knowing my Lord and Savior will never leave me nor forsake me. He's so good! I just love Him so!!

Thank you so much for your encouraging post and you're right... there are so many lonely people out there who feel rejected and are thirsty. We all should be there to encourage them through God's word and through prayer.

God bless you, Lorie! :)

Ginny said...

Amen! I was really touched by this story.
You are a beautiful woman, inside and out. Blessings to you.

Rhodema @ MommyLife said...

You are very expressive in your writing. Thanks for sharing.

Cathy said...

Beautiful, Dear ~ I loved the pictures. Congratulations on your award! Love you ~

Jackie said...

Beautiful refreshing words sweet sister!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Barbara Jean said...

Hey girl!
Thanks for signing up to follow my blog!
Hope you enjoy your visits and go away inspired.

blessings

barbara jean

LisaShaw said...

Precious, beautiful sister, thank you for sharing this beautiful message. You have one of the most sweetest hearts...

I also came by to say congratulations on the Top 100 Internet Cafe Devotions and to GOD be all the glory.

I love you and I'm praying for you.

Joan Hall said...

What a beautiful and encouraging post. You painted a picture with your words and I enjoyed reading it.

Blessings,
Joan

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Thank you for your refreshing encouragement !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Rachel said...

Lorie,

What a captivating and moving picture. May God's living waters rush through your spirit mighty and powerful - this is my prayer for you.

I remember awhile ago when I was falling into the pit "no one cares" I heard Jesus whisper so clearly - I do. The power and peace His words sent to every fiber of my being was tremendous. He is always there and cares from the deepest truest love. Others can't give us this depth and honesty like He can.

Love,

Rachel