Nov 14, 2012

I Surrender All

find myself scribbling my thoughts in the wee hours of the morning. This was one of many I have written down during my journey with the Lord. I was going through some of my writings tonight, and it was as if the Lord led me back to this particular one. Oh how well my Father knows me, maybe there is something that is still lingering in my soul that I still need to surrender to him. I have asked him tonight to reveal it to me, just as the words of my favorite hymn says, All To Thee My Precious Savior I Surrender All.

My Journal Entry Titled: Midnight Cries...

I was getting ready for bed, It’s after midnight this seems to be the hours of openness and receiving for me so I received once more. Not holding anything back as my soul cries out for courage and
strength, I think this is the deepest I have ever allowed the Lord to come down to this part of my soul

The places of my inner most cries, not quite ready to allow him fully into a few areas yet but he waits as he always does so patiently and listens to those cries within. I know he cries as well with that part of me, he longs so much to reach down and embrace me in that place deep within.

He knows I’m not quite ready to release them fully, I myself do not know all what my soul needs to let go of. I am sure it will be okay when the time comes. I find that I would not change a thing besides it’s not mine to change.

It is a soul cry and my soul had her way, the holy spirit had his way, we embraced and I was comforted. Looking back over this entry I see how far I have grown in my trust of letting go and letting the Lord have his way even more in my life.

My gentle and patient father waited till I was ready to allow him into the areas of my life that once was off limits, yet he already knew what was in those off limit places in my soul. He lovingly waited till I was ready and he entered in.

Written By: Lorie A. Yocum

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorie!
Wow, what a powerful post! I love the way you share your heart for God.
Love, Velvia

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Velvia!!! I did not realize how many different journals I have written lol. I'm doing some decluttering ( well trying to )and I keep finding them in different areas of my home. Thanks for your visit. Hugz Lorie

Rilda said...

It is so true He knows more of what we needed then we do. Part of trusting with all our hearts opens the door for His spirit to come in and clean house and then fill to overflow. Those precious enteries are proof we are a work in progress. Thanks for sharing Lorie you were a bud now in blooming. Love you! rilda

Davis said...

Respond to the Angel poem third poem

I love this poem and True. I seen two my angels. One is gentlemen of indian decent and in blue robe and long white wings and his skin is smooth and other is little girl that guided me once almost into heaven