Jul 6, 2008

Breast Cancer Survivor


She is a breast cancer survivor
And to God she gives the glory.
She thanks him for his healing grace
So she can share her story.

The road has not been easy
And all along the way.
He was always by her side
And saw her through each day.

When she cried out to him
And said dear Lord why me?
The words he spoke into her heart
Gave her peace to help her see.

My daughter why not you
Like me you will make it through.
For the same faith you have in me
My dear child I have in you.

That you will always trust in me
No matter what comes your way.
Be healed, be blessed, be joyful
As you live for me each day.


I wrote this poem for a friend who is now in remission, may it alsobring hope to those who continue toward their journey of healing.


Copyright © 2006-2009 Revised: Written Lorie A. Yocum
All Rights Reserved


2 comments:

Rilda said...

What great words of wisdom. For God be the glory. In Jesus' Holy Name!!! *U*

lori said...

Lorie,
I'm so glad you stopped by my site! You can help yourself to the tag on the side...I did make it and if it can bless someone...I am honored!!

If you try and save the image..and you need it larger or that does not work, email me...slmdhmac@yahoo.com and I'll send you the image from here!!

Blessings to you...what an inspiration you are!

peace and good health,
lori