Jul 7, 2008

You Are There

Lord you are with me, I am never alone
In the midnight hours you hear my plea.
Calling out your name so desperately
I reach out to you, and you come to me.

I hear you gently call out my name
I listen ever so close with my heart.
You say, my child I’m always near
Do not fear our spirits will never part.

I am your refuge, and I am your strength
Your peace in the midst of the storms.
I am your rock, and I am your fortress
Holding you close, keeping you strong.

Lord you are with me, I close my eyes
In the midnight hour as I fall asleep
I feel your presence surrounding me
And in your arms my soul you keep.

Copyright © 2008-2009 Written By: Lorie A. Yocum


“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.” ( Psalm 46:1-2 )