Aug 2, 2008

The Worry Tree

Women of God.. Do you know that the Lord wants to do great things not only for you, but through you. Fear and worry not only holds you back from being all that the Lord wants you to be, it also gives the enemy victory and control over you and your life. Is fear and worry holding you back from doing something that you know the Lord would want you to fulfill for his purpose and for his glory?

2 Timothy 1:7 says.. I have not given you the spirit of fear: but of power, and of Love, and of a sound mind.

Romans 8:15 says.. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Psalm 34:4..I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

Dear Lord, today I give you all of my fears, and all of my worries, and exchange them for your power, love, and a sound mind. Help me to overcome the spirit of fear through the power of your word, and through the power of your name. Today I am no longer a slave to fear and worry, for who the son sets free is free indeed, Today I am free, today I have the victory.



Once there was a seed
Deep in the dirt it adhered.
It was watered by worry
And was fertilized by fear.

There was so much worrying
And so much fear going on.
The seed took root and grew
And a worry tree took form.

Leaves filled it’s branches
Each day new ones came along.
As fear and worry continued
The tree grew big and strong.

You see….

That seed had been planted
deep inside of me one day.
My life was filled with worry
And fear would not go away.

Than I got down on my knees
And to the Lord I began to pray.
Please take all my worry and fears
Right now, free me Lord today.

His holy spirit reached in my soul
All worry and fear had ceased.
He destroyed that tree inside of me
And replaced it with his peace.

Copyright © 2007-2008 Written By: Lorie A. Yocum