May 9, 2009

My Mother's Eyes

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.



When I look into my Mother's eyes
I can see within her soul.
The life that she has lived
Through her eyes the story is told.

She looks at me with sadness
As if she wants to say...
If I could slip back into the past
There would be many changes made.

Her voice is quiet and gentle
Her hair now white as snow.
Yet her beautiful green eyes
Still has that special glow.

I treasure her and love her.
She tried her best you see.
For there is no perfect Mother
She was chosen just for me.

Dedicate to my Mom for Mother's Day
Written By: Lorie A. Yocum 2006- 2009


On This Special Mother's Day.



On this Special Mother’s Day
Mom I just want to say..
How much I really love you
In each and every way.

Sometimes I take for granted
That you will always be there..
Yet each day is so special
Each moment so rare.

I pray that you always
Know how much I really care..
And will treasure all the memories
That you and I have shared.

Lorie A. Yocum © 2006-2009

Mother


M..is for my "Mother" a gift from God above.
O..is for "only" one like her for me to cherish and Love.
T.. is for a "treasure" for she is a precious gem
H.. is for her guidance and for her
"helping Hands"
E..
is for my everlasting gratitude,and I just want to say..
R.. "Remember MOM" I love you, Happy Mother's Day.

Written By Lorie A Yocum...2006-2009



Happy Mother's Day to my dear Sistah's... May the Lord send your way a day of blessings , treasured moments, and cherished memories.

((( Hugz))))



24 comments:

Blessings each day said...

Very nice, Lorie. It's funny that you did that M (is for...) O T H E R thing as I did the very same type of thing on my Mother's Day post!

May you have an especially blessed day!

Lisa said...

Beautiful post! Happy Mother's Day!

Sue said...

Hi Lorie,
You are so gifted with words, I so enjoyed reading these heartfelt words!! May you continue to use the talents God has given you.Very inspiring to me. Blessings,
Sue

Melly said...

What beautiful poems, you are very gifted, Lorie!
Happy Mothers Day!
Melly:)

SmilingSally said...

Ah, you're revealing your talent today. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lorie for sharing these beautiful poems with us. You really are a gifted writer.
Happy Mother's Day.
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

Great words. Happy Mother's Day.

Just Be Real said...

Beautiful tributes to mothers, thank you for sharing. Blessings and Happy Mother's Day!

LisaShaw said...

This is so precious! Happy Mother's Day dear sister.

Sam said...

hi nice blog i hope you will follow mine. thanks for sharing.

From the Heart said...

Beautiful poetry as always and especially because it honors your mother. I pray you will have a great Mother's Day also. You deserve it my friend.
As always, praying for you,
From my heart to yours,
AliceE.

Ballerina Girl said...

Happy Mother's Day Lorie!

I really enjoyed the first poem. My Mom has green eyes too...and so much I can tell from them also.

BG

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lorie,
What beauty you have written in your poetry! Thank you so much for sharing with us and have a Happy Mother's Day!

Blessings,
Sandi

Nicole said...

Hi Lorie! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you have had a wonderful day!

I really like this poem as I'm sure all mother's have things they wish they would of did differently. I'm sure I'll understand this some day.

Hope you are feeling better.

You came to mind during our church service last night. I felt like God was telling me you are a true encourager. Just wanted to "encourage" you with this!:)

Love,
Nicole

From the Heart said...

Please come to my blog tomorrow. I have a surprize for you.
From my heart to yours,
AliceE.

Tamela's Place said...

Beautiful poems about mothers... Hope you had a wonderful mother's day yourself..

Tamela :)

Unknown said...

Lorie, Your post is timely and make the event more colorful and lightening.

May this Mother day bring joys, happiness, prosperity and everything you dream of.

God bless,

Debra said...

Wonderful Mother's day wishes to you, dear friend.
Beautiful poetry!
Love, Debra

Hugz~Dixie said...

Thank you so much for posting these lovely words. I just lost my grandmother and they have brought sweet memories to my heart. Hugz to Sistah.

Joyfulsister said...

I just wanted to thank all of you for your Mother's Day wishes, and words of encouragement. My mom really enjoyed these poems when I put them in a card I made especially for her. I pray each of you celebrated Mother's Day in a special way that it will not only be treasured moments, but cherished memories that will always be felt deep within the heart for years to come

Hugz Lorie

Leaon Mary said...

Hey there Lorie,

Just wanted to drop in and must say I SOOOOO enjoyed reading your beautiful Mothers' posts.
GOD BLESS you and your sweet Mother.
Holykisses,
Lea

Rachel said...

Wonderful Lorie . . . especially in the first one - that described what I see in my mother's eyes - so well stated.

Smiles,

Rachel

Toia said...

Beautiful and heartfelt post. Love the poems.

PS - Happy "belated" Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessed post. God is so good to give us mothers....