Jun 14, 2009

Heart Of Hope

Romans 15:13..May God, the giver of hope, fill you with continual joy and peace because you trust in Him, so that you may have abundant hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.


There are times when I stop, look up toward the heavens and say Thank you Lord. For your ever flowing peace that gently pours through every part of my being, my soul, spirit, heart, mind, and body. Peace that surpasses all understanding, perfect peace, sweet peace, a peace that only comes when a heart fully trusts in the giver of peace, the prince of peace, Jesus Christ… I thank you Lord.

Waking up each morning and getting ready for the day, can be a struggle, it is so easy to get depressed and negative about a chronic illness with no cure; I have traveled down that path before. Life is too short to waste energy on something I have no control over. My part is to leave it in your hands Lord, and your part is to carry me through each day as I trust in your promises that your Joy will be my strength… I thank you Lord.

I am so blessed when I give my day to you. I walk out my front door in anticipation of how you will use me throughout the day. My forty-five minute drive to work with you is a time I look forward to. A time when I ask you to be with each of my family members, to prepare the way on the highways, to be at my job before I get there, to touch my boss , co-workers, and clients. To bless the words I will speak, my thoughts , attitude and actions, sure there are some days when I am challenged, but I am so grateful for the many days when your faithfulness is so evident as you honor my requests… I thank you Lord.

People ask me, how am I able to remain so positive, when they see me, they don’t see someone who is ill, or struggling with an illness. I don’t know if they realize how blessed I am to hear this, I try so hard Lord to keep my life as normal as possible. I have you to thank for helping me to maintain a positive attitude, and not allowing my illness to defy who I am, and whom I belong to. You are a mighty God, a God who has walked in my world and understands the challenges and sufferings I go through this side of heaven...
I thank you Lord.

I don’t know why I was lead to post this; this is a journal entry that would normally stay in my personal journal. But when the spirit of God touches my spirit to share I know he has a purpose, and a plan, for someone who will read this today. To have hope no bigger than a mustard seed, watered by faith, and tears of joy, produces blossoms of eternal hope that blooms forever
in ones soul, refecting the beauty of God’s Holiness… Thank you Lord.


I leave you with these words from a favorite song..

Lord, I'm not who I was, when I took my first step.
And I'm clinging to the promise,you're not through with me yet.
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire, if You want me to.

It may not be the way, I would have chosen.
When you lead me through a world, that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone.

I'll remember the suffering, your love put you through
So I'll go through the valley, if you want me to.





20 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

It can be so tempting to waste energy on the things we can't control... we are so blessed to have HIM as our strength. Thank you for sharing such beautiful words with us this morning!

From the Heart said...

Beautiful post. It's not an easy life sometimes but then I remember that through it all He spared my life. With a rod in my neck I don't always see people as I'm walking and I certainly hope and pray they don't think I'm just ignoring them. You never know what a person is going through unless you've walked in their shoes. You are a true encourager especially for me. When I'm at home I'm okay. It's when I get out that I feel uncomfortable.

Several weeks ago we went out to eat with a very dear friend of mine who came fromm Alabama for a funeral.
(She has a very bad back that the doctor's can't do anything for). I sat down beside her so I could talk with her and my husband told me that I should move to the chair in front of her. He's never done that before, but he knew I couldn't turn my head and that she and I would have a hard time talking.

One day we will have a new body and I look forward to that day when I can thank my Lord for all He has done to keep me going and I know you feel the same.

God bless you and thanks for your encouragement.
Luv u sis,
AliceE.

Stephanie said...

My Dear Sistah stay encouraged,God won't put no more on us than we can bear. Read psalms 121

BlueRose said...

I just wanted to say HI to a wonderful sister in Christ. May the Lord bless your week with happiness and laughter....~~♥~

Toia said...

Very inspirational post. Thank you so much for blessing my spirit.

Blessings to you always!!

cinnamongirl93 said...

Hello Sistah!
Another wonderful post. I look forward to each and every one. You say everything that I am thinking so well. I love your honesty and how transparent you are for Christ!
May the Lord Jesus continue to fill you with joy!

Joy said...

Our outlook is so important. As I've been studying in Philippians I've learned that we may not be able to control our circumstances, but we can control our joy and they joy we spread to others.
Thanks for this post.

Joy

Cathy said...

A sweet post, dear Lorie. You have such a wonderful attitude of thankfulness. Praying for your healing, sweet sister ~
Come over to my blog. I have tagged you for a fun game.
Love and Hugs,
Cathy

Leaon Mary said...

Oh Lori,
May the Lord bless you sweet sister.
I'm so glad you will follow God's leading and share things even if you don't want to. Sometimes we may never even know how someone may have been blessed by a word or deed.
I know without any doubt that if He told you to share something.... then, He had a greater purpose....
Keep walking in faith.
I know what you have shared BLESSED ME.
Holykisses,
Lea

Beth in NC said...

That is so beautiful. You are absolutely precious!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Good morning. This first sentence is so me. I was cleaning up around the house and stopped in my tracks when I just so happen to look out my window. The picture was amazing and it had the Lord's name written all over it. I just sat in my chair and gazed into the sky and from no where the tears flowed down my cheek. You were lead to this post because the Lord is using you to speak to us. Love, peace and continued blessings.
China

LisaShaw said...

Thank you for sharing with us again from your heart. I'm always encouraged when I visit with you.

Love you and I'm praying for you.

Blessings each day said...

It was a blessing to come here and be blessed by your witness.

I feel we all have some sort of chronic illness, be it physical, spiritual or mental (all have afflicted me at one time or another), but the Great Physician is Who we follow and sometimes our eyes are closed as He leads us, so we have to just trust and love HIm back!

This is why my own personal ministry of using the gift of humor God gave me to uplift others, to make this world a better place, is what I humbly try to do in my little Blog.

May He lead us all to help us bring others to Him!

blessings, hugs and prayers,

marcy

Edie said...

These are wonderful words of encouragement Lorie. We need to be reminded that we are not suffering alone even though we may suffer differently. God is with us and He has given us others to travel this road with.

Praying for you.

Much love!!

Fannie said...

Thank you.

Strawberry Girl said...

Very true, trust in the Lord with all thine heart... Nice post.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. :D

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. I find great comfort in knowing that God knows my every care and He cares more for me and my concerns than I do. This morning I just meditated on being wrapped up in His care. Life is full of uncertainities and unknowns - but we know we are in His loving embrace and that is all we need to know.

Smiles,

Rachel

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Thanks for sharing your heart Lori. May God continue to bless you with His peace and use this season in your life to draw you and many others to Himself.

Have a blessed day my sister. I prayed for you today.

God Chaser said...

Minister of Encouragement-you said you were not sure why you posted this I can tell you one reason I needed these words "Life is too short to waste energy on something I have no control over. My part is to leave it in your hands Lord, and your part is to carry me through each day as I trust in your promises that your Joy will be my strength… I thank you Lord."
I am not dealing with an illness right now-but these words were needed for my soul- I keep worrying and wondering about a decision but I have no control over the out come, only God does-thanks for these words.

I have missed you but I know just as for me life can be busy- so glad I was able to get by today. Blessings and thanks for your trusting heart.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Lorie, What a beautiful and inspiring post! I know what it is like also to go through an illness for which there is no cure. And I refuse to give the enemy any glory. I get up each day with a smile on my face and I thank God for another day to serve Him. I believe that is why I'm doing as well as I am. And He promises not to give us more than we can handle. The Lord's grace is sufficient for me. Praise His wonderful name!

Blessings,
Sandi