Sep 13, 2009

Simple Abundance

John 10:10, I come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.




I have come to the awareness, of what true abundance really means to me in my life. It’s not in the big and plenty of things wanted, but things necessary and essential for everyday living. You see being satisfied in the little, opens my heart to appreciate the blessings that God provides, such as his mercy, grace, love, caring, and compassion.

The ability to walk, see, taste, feel, hear, speak, and smell, these are the abundance that often times we take for granted. For example the gifts that God brings our way, the gift of life, our jobs, our homes, food, health, our spouse, children, family and true friends from the heart..

You can’t help but be transformed when you see abundance in a whole new light; your heart just fills up with the most incredible power, and need, to praise our heavenly creator. You begin to sense how really rich you are, not in the sense of material items or wealth, but knowing the joy of simple abundance.

Abundance is not knowing, but appreciating, it’s not greed or being selfish, it’s about being able to celebrate life right now, in this moment. It’s anticipating what awaits you when you get up each morning. It is seeing the hand of God giving you what you need each moment, and sharing the blessings he has given with others.

Abundance is seeing the positive, not allowing fear to blind you, to hold you back, allowing your creativity to grow in abundance. It’s not seeing things in the eyes of the world or people. It’s discovering your own unique gifts that will inspire you to create what is seen through your own eyes, mind, and imagination. You begin to practice the simplicity of abundance, as you look through eyes of hope, and thankfulness.

Dwelling in the simplicity of abundance is not always expecting a big picture to help us understand. It’s seeing how the little things have as much meaning and understanding. It is opening my eyes to see what God has lavished upon me every single day of my life. I’m still breathing, it’s being able to open the door of hope each day, and know that God is bigger than any problems I will ever have to face.

Abundance is...the face of someone who has survived the storms of life with faith and gratitude.

Abundance is...wildflowers in a mason jar.

Abundance is... having enough for today.

Abundance is..a cup of tea and a moment of silence.

Abundance is...a card in the mail from a friend.

Abundance is.. Jesus, and everything he is to me.

I've made a list of what abundance is to me, and I I kept finding more and more to write, it was simply amazing how I could find abundance in the little and most unlikely things.

Encouragement From My Heart Devotionals

15 comments:

Denise said...

Amen my dear, sweet friend, amen. I love you.

From the Heart said...

Your devotional is so timely. When we take a look at our lives we realize that we are abundantly blessed, not by wealth or things we have, but as you said by the people in our lives. I don't have many friends (close friends that you talk with, share with,) but I am abundantly blessed by the friendships of people here in blogland and friendships I have here. I came to realize that recently when my 88 yr. old cousin died. There were people who came that I had not seen in quiet a while. One especially, a lady I last worked for before I had to quit. She has also had to retire because of health issues. She made me feel so good and that she truly had missed me. Those are the kind of friends we don't want to ever forget.
Thanks for sharing your heart,
AliceE.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love how you put your words, "abundance is not knowing, but appreciating"... that is so beautiful!!

Joy said...

Hi Lorie...thanks for leaving me a comment...I truly am blessed by you and you truly help me see what I need to see and hear from God. I hope my life is filled with abundance! as I can be so grateful and contented with my life that I do have a wonderful job, a lovely daughter, an awesome mom and my brother and his family. I do count my blessings! I know that I should never feel that I want more...but I do. I am sometimes sad that I don't have anyone to share my life with, but I know to be patient. I hope that God doesn't have plans for me to be alone for the rest of my life. any whoo...sorry. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers too. I am so sorry that you are back on TDI. how are you feeling? I will email you. have a blessed day! thank you for always being there for me!

Mary said...

Amen...I'm wondering if the Lord is speaking to us, His children...it seems that many of my friends are feeling the same...I know I am. Realizing that Jesus Himself IS the abundant life dims the things of the world. Beautiful and wise words...I am going to read this to my granddaughter next week when she's here...she also seems to be hungry for the things of God, and somehow, in His usual loving way, He provides what we need just when we need it. God bless. Mary

Rachel said...

Hi Lorie,

Hope you are doing well. Interestingly this week I also was thinking about the abundant life we have in Christ and wrote a post on it. ;-)

Hope you have a blessed week.

Rachel

Rachel said...

Hi Lorie,

Hope you are doing well. Interestingly this week I also was thinking about the abundant life we have in Christ and wrote a post on it. ;-)

Hope you have a blessed week.

Rachel

crochet lady said...

Thanks for the blessing of those wonderful thoughts.

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Beautifully said. It can be so easy to focus on what we don't have and miss the abundance of His gifts all around us.
Patricia :o)

Leaon Mary said...

ABUNDANCE......
I'm writing that word down right now and taking it with me into my bible study tomorrow.


You are in my heart and prayers Lorie. I love ya!!

Grace said...

I love this verse and I love your post, too. Very well-said. Thanks for sharing this to us, JoyfulSister. :)

God Chaser said...

Abundance is...a caring friend. today your word were my abundance. I am doing good- God has allowed me to serve Him in some new ways this summer and I have just been very busy and not able to keep up with Broken Vessels and the work in the church- God has blessed me with some new teaching assignments which has kept me studying His word so I could teach His truths- as well as some other assignments at Church. I am good in fact better than good and I hope to be back posting soon- need to balance the study time with writing time and all the rest of life. Your words brought such encouragement to my heart and I can't wait to get back to not only writing but visiting because I have missed my friends in this ministry and the encouragement, and growth I get from each woman whom God uses so wonderfully.

Thanks for care- be abundantly blessed today.

Michele Williams said...

I needed this encouragement today! I have been feeling sorry for myself this week... for not having enough of somethings...you have reminded me that I am truly blessed! God bless you my dear friend.

How are you doing? How are you feeling?

Karla Dornacher said...

I love this post... and it echoes so much of what is in my new book Lorie... we all have so much to GIVE THANKS for, don't we? Sometimes we just need a reminder, a prompt... to stop and count our blessings! Well spoken my friend... from the heart!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me and for your prayers for the sale of our house. My prayers go up for you as well. In His love and for His glory...
Karla

Barbara Jean said...

Oh dear.
I thought i could log on, and just check emails, before Sunday School.
Till i found your site. I cannot quit reading your devotionals!!

They touch my heart, and soul.
They are refreshers of truths i know, but forget about sometimes.

Simple Abundance. I love that.
And being grateful for God's presence in every little, and big, thing.

And on your post about Hope, to me comfort goes right along with that.

Need to get ready to go. Will come back later.

Thanks for letting God's words flow through your hands.

blessings
barbara jean