Jan 30, 2010

Today I Awake

Today Lord...

I awake to the simply joys and abundance, of what this day holds for me. A day of new beginnings, a day not yet journeyed, a day full of potential. The potential of what awaits me, a day of discovery, a day full of joy. A day of gifts you long for me to receive with a heart of thankfulness.

I awake with a spirit of anticipation, of excitement, of being alive, of living. A day of seeing how you provide and meet the needs of all your creations. How you take the simple, and the ordinary things and make them special. A day of looking at life as if it was being seen for the very first time .

I awake with appreciation, with gratitude, with a heart full of praise. A day of living each moment, without ever wasting a minute of it. My heart is in tune to the beat of life’s songs and sweet melodies. A day of seeing you everywhere, in everything, in everyone, and in me. I awake knowing that no matter what happens today, you and I can get through it together.

Written by: Lorie A. Yocum Copyright © 2007-2010


21 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

beautiful post...it's nice when you wake up ready to jump into whatever He brings. Blessings. Sarah

Debbie said...

Beautiful...and AMEN to it all. Have a wonderful day. Blessings, Debbie

Kay Martin said...

Aha...you know the way to live in Christ moment by moment. It is in awakening and expecting Him in all things and no matter what is going on He makes life full, rich and vibrant.

Hope all is well.

Kay of Carolina

Anonymous said...

AMEN! AMEN!

Andrea said...

AMEN!
Blessings, andrea

From the Heart said...

Beautiful post. You must be feeling better, I see you are posting more. Praise God.
Love you,
AliceE.

The Victorian Parlor said...

Beautifully said:)!

Blessings,

Kim

Cathy said...

Thank you for that beautiful post, Lorie. Love you ~

Alleluiabelle said...

Precious Sister,

How absolutely beautiful your mind, heart and soul is. Your words so eloquently written to Him touches the core of my being. How sweet, how tender, how loving this is. You uplift me sister...you encourage me...you inspire me. Oh how I love Him so.

I love you and my prayers are with you,
Alleluiabelle

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That's beautiful, Lorie! It's always a blessing to visit you. Have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

God Chaser said...

I needed this- as always you encourage my heart.

Musings of A Minister said...

Beautiful. Very meaningful.

Charlotte said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you again for a wonderful contribution to our Spiritual Sundays.
Charlotte

Sarah said...

Delighted to meet you today! Your blog title grabbed my attention and I just had to stop in and meet you. So glad I did. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you.

Joyfully,
Sarah Dawn

Denise said...

Such a precious post.

MrBibleHead said...

Great poem Lorie! Very encouraging as well as beautiful. God has blessed you with a wonderful gift!

crochet lady said...

Wow that gives my spirit a lift today. I woke grumpy and with a poor attitude, but today is another day of life with my Savior by my side. How can it not be a good day?

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Lorie... Please stop by to pick up an award from me!
Wylie

Andrea said...

Hope you don't mind. I just added a link to your blog on arise 2 write.
andrea

Just Be Real said...

Sweetly beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Love the layout of your blog, always have. Blessings dear one.

Maxine said...

The best thoughts anyone can have upon waking to a new day. Bless you, Lorie. Maxine