Jul 31, 2013
Jan 4, 2013
It is a time when the spirit of God floods your soul with nothing but himself, and keeps your soul alive. My soul surrendered, and he fed my soul, which spoke to my deepest needs and illuminated my path. I'm still on that my journey knowing... " It Is Well With My Soul."
wanting to fight than quit
Going from laughter to tears
going from courage to fear
how did I end up here.
needing an answer to justify
because I did not sign up for this
and who put me on this list
Is this real is this legit.
Deep within my soul cries
Stay strong or your spirit dies
my mind tries to comprehend
my heart does not understand
So God, what is the plan.
Then hope arises from within
with strong fluttering wings
His spirit inside me starts to soar
I feel his strength more and more.
It's okay the spirit says to me
Life is full of questions you see.
I know it's hard to understand
my perfect will for you, and plans
you are not alone but in my hands...
Copyright © 2007-2013 Written By: Lorie A.Yocum
All Rights Reserved, Used With Permission Only
Nov 14, 2012
Everyday Life is Prayer
Some women know they pray, others think they don’t because they are not on their knees morning and evening. Ladies listen..
Visiting an elderly parent is prayer
Helping a friend bear grief, or rejoice is prayer.
Nourishing bodies and souls, this, too is prayer.
With every breath, and every heartbeat, women pray.
We pray with desire, longing, hunger, thirst.
With sighs, remorse, regret, disappointment, despair.
Discouragement, even in our anger, rage, jealousy, and envy.
We pray over these emotions we battle each day.
We pray with pleasure, contentment, happiness, exultation,
Joy, gratefulness, appreciation, acceptance, and relief.
We pray when we comfort, cheer, console.
We pray when we laugh, we cry, we work, we play.
Making a meal is prayer.
We pray when we create, and admire creation.
One way or another we pray, everyday life is prayer.
How we conduct it, celebrate it, consecrate it.
Conscious prayers are always the best.
In the purest form prayer is a conversation,
Prayer is actually the authentic conversation because you don’t have to hold back, you can say whatever needs to be said, exactly the way you want to express it. You won’t be judged You won’t risk losing love; instead, by praying you will increase your awareness of it. You don’t have to phrase your words carefully lest there be misunderstanding, because you can’t be misunderstood. Even if you don't know what you want or need the holy spirit knows what you are about to ask, beg, scream, or praise before you utter a syllable. Then why do we have to lift up our voice in prayer ?
Because it’s not good for women to be silent. We need to get real life off our chests. Get whatever’s bedeviling us out in the open, so that we can get on with it. We can’t do that when we’re stuck, and women do get stuck in a kind of self-destructive holding pattern, when they are silent. Women pray because we have to talk to someone who is really listening.
I pray this has blessed you as it did to our group.
I share this with you in hopes that as you seek to find true inner peace no matter what age you are, for we are never to young or too old to claim the peace that the Lord intends for us to have in not only in our hearts but also in our lives today. This what I have learned in my journey of finding peace through my own personal experience, from a book I was blessed to receive, and studying God's word, and prayer.
To have peace of mind is something that does not happen overnight, it comes over time and part of the steps of entering into this peace consists of letting go of past hurts, anger, and guilt. It’s surrendering oneself to live fully and lovingly in the present with faith in yourself and in the Lord. So many times all that has happened to us during our childhood, teen, and young adult years we continue to carry with us even till today. Not only has our faith been tested but every part of our being.
Sometimes the past can cloud the present and prevent us from seeing tomorrow. Pain, fears, and worries, create noises in our mind and doubt in our heart. We lose precious moments in time when we look backwards too long and keep wondering why. Of course sometimes we need to go back to see what has happened so we can come to terms and make peace with them before we can move forward. But when we constantly look back and dwell there to long , we end up missing the joys and moments of today. I have discovered the three parts of me… which represents the different phases in my life.
♥ The Me of yesterday… Who allowed the hurt and pain of old memories , keep me from making the best of my life.
♥ The “Me” of today… This is what it is, who I am today, and how fully living my life in the present allows true personal growth, and peace of mind, and room to grow. The past is gone, and future is yet to be.
♥ The “Me” of tomorrow… This is the hopeful part of me, you see, I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds my tomorrows.
I have allowed myself to receive the greatest gift of all which is… The peace of mind to let go of the past, live in the present, and let tomorrow be.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously.
5. You don't have to win every argument.
6. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
7. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
8. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
9. Make peace with your past so you can go move on to the present.
10. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
11. Don't compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
13. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry; God never blinks
14. Life is too short for long pity parties, get busy living, or get busy dying.
15. You can get through anything if you give God everything.
16. A writer writes, if you want to be a writer, write.
17. It's never too late to have a happy childhood, the second one is up to you and no one else.
18. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't give up.
19. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, use that special china, don't save it for a special occasion, everyday is special.
20. Be eccentric now, don't wait for old age to wear purple.
21. If you're holding on to the past, you can't enjoy the present.
22. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
23. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years will this matter?"
24. Always choose life.
25. Forgive .
26. Stop being a people pleaser, it's OK to say NO!
27. Time heals almost everything, you will know when it's time to move on, don't let anyone tell you it's time to get over it. With the help of the Lord you will have peace enough to take that step.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. In the end you will see that it really was about God, family, and good friends.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. God loves you because of who he is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
32. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
33. Read the Psalms,they cover every human emotion.
34. Get outside every day, miracles are waiting everywhere.
35. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
36. Don't audit life, show up and make the most of it now.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Envy is a waste of time.
40. Prayer does change things.
41. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
42. Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
43. If you don't ask, you don't get.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
46. You cannot make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.
47. No matter how much you care about people, some people just won't care back.
48. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, it doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
49. It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
50. It's not what you have in your life, but whom you have in your life.
51. Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
52. We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
53. Either you control your attitude or it controls you.
54. Sometimes when we get angry we have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give us the right to be cruel.
55. Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you have celebrated.
56. Two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
57. No matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
58. It isn't always enough to be forgiven by others, sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
59. Two people can go through the same circumstances, yet each of their journey will be different.
60. The best is yet to come.