Aug 5, 2011

Flowers For His Glory















Like a seed planted in the ground
Nothing but darkeness surrounds.
There it dies but soon comes to life
It battles it's way up to the light.

The journey seems so very long
Feeling lonely but never alone.
It takes root becoming strong
Waiting seems so prolonged.

Until finally it sees some light
Through the soil not very bright.
Hope bursts forth with anticipation
No more darkness, no more waiting.

In the darkness God was creating
A flower for his glory one so elating.
Beauty for the world to enjoy and see
A creation giving praises unto thee

Sometimes it's spending time in the darkness that we can truly appreciate the light. I find that it is in my darkest moments when my creativity comes alive to write of hope.

Copyright © 2007-2011 Written By: Lorie A. Yocum




10 comments:

Terra said...

"Flowers for His Glory" is a perfect title for this blog post and poem, and the photo makes the cosmos seem to be dancing for His glory.

-- said...

This is so very lovely, Lorie! It is also very true about living in the dark in order to appreciate the light.

Like the flower that emerges from the dark of the soil, we as humans transform into something more beautiful during our journeys through the dark tunnels of life :)

Hugs & Hope,
Fiona x0x

P.S. ~ Beautiful picture!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I will look and flowers differently after reading this great poem. I'm so glad you posted today and hope that your feeling good today.
God Bless,
Ginger

Rilda said...

Hallelujah, it is worth it all when we step into the light of His word (His will) for then the dark plans are killed. Rejoicing in the light with you sistah. Love Ya! *U*

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing another of your beautiful poems with a great message.
Blessings,
Charlotte

From the Heart said...

Somehow I missed this one. The poem is so beautiful and I'm so glad you are sharing what God gives you with all of us. You are a very special person and have been a help to me in ways you will never know. May God continue to heal your body and bring you back to us soon.
Love you, AE

Pamela said...

Beautiful...love how we die only to find the light.

I was wondering if you are related to the author Dale Yocum? He wrote a lot about science and God's creation.

I hope your Tuesday is crowned with peace.
Pamela

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thank you for another lovely poem, Lorie. It is in the darkness that we do truly appreciate the light. I have noticed that you haven't been blogging as much lately. I'm sorry you are still having health problems, dear friend.
Earlier this Summer they found a growth in my uterus but it turned out to be benign; Praise the Lord! I am thinking of you and praying. Do take care.

Blessings,
Sandi

Just Be Real said...

Amen. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

LV said...

I really never gave it much thought about a seeds growth. You described it very well. I loved visiting your blog and inspiring thoughts.