Aug 31, 2009

When You Look Within

2 Thessalonians 2:16.. May the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father encourage you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.



When you look at me, what do you see
Can you tell my soul just longs for thee.
I awake, my pages are as clean slates
And on you oh Lord, I patiently wait.

When I write, Lord you always lead
When I need your help, you intercede.
Your words of hope, just lifts my soul
Your words of life , keeps me whole.

When you look within, can you tell
Your living waters refreshes my well.
Like a river running so deeply within
Waters that gently flows without end.

When others look at me, what do they see
Does your reflection shine brightly in me.
When I leave their presence and I’m gone
Does your sweet holy fragrance linger on.

To be an encouragement to those I meet
A woman after your heart that truly seeks
To be so close to you, each and everyday
To be more like you oh Lord in every way.

By: Lorie A. Yocum Copyright © 2009
All Rights Reserved Used With Permission Only



17 comments:

RCUBEs said...

He gave you another beautiful, inspiring poem! Glory to God! May you have a great week, having His strength. Blessings.

Andrea said...

Beautiful poem. Thank you! I am looking within, today.

Hope you are doing well. I have been thinking about you.

Blessings, andrea

Deborah Ann said...

Your blog is so heavenly and ethereal, and your poetry for the Lord is very sweet and lovely. I am a poet for the Lord as well. Nice to meet a soul sister!

You are invited to follow my blog:

www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

Laughter and poetry...

Joy said...

I love this poem. Especially the 4th verse. I pray I'm an encouragement to those I meet.


Joy

Denise said...

You are such a beautiful blessing, loved this poem.

Mary said...

How beautiful! To look within and see Jesus...that is my desire!

Blessings to you!

Mary

Fannie said...

Have you published your poems? If so, I would purchase a copy of your book! Beautiful, Sis.

Kelly said...

You are so blessed with your ability to write, and doubly so that you write for the Lord. Amen!

Have a wonderful day!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Beautiful Sistah........just beautiful. Your words always give me such a peaceful feeling.
Thank you for sharing so much of your heart.
Hugs & Blessings & Love ~
Sharron

Edie said...

Oh Lorie this so touched my heart. I echo this prayer with you my dear friend.

Much love to you.

Pia said...

came from denise's blog. prayed for you. i'm believing God for healing fast recovery and strength for you, lorie. God is in control.

Pinkshoelady said...

True to the heart and beautiful as always!
You are a true blessing and a gifted tailor of words.
Thanks you
Pamela

A Southern Rose said...

This poem is so beautiful. I can tell that you write from your heart. You are blessed with such a beautiful talent.

cinnamongirl93 said...

Wonderful poem!
I love it all! His words of life keeps me whole. Amen!
Thank you for another refreshing word!

Cathy said...

Oh, That is just so pretty, Lorie. The Lord surely does give you some beautiful words. Hope you are doing well, Dear ~
Love and Hugs ~

Maxine said...

That is absolutely beautiful. It is my prayer and wish too.

Nancie said...

Amen, to be more like our Lord each day! Thanks for sharing this lovely poem with us, Lorie. May God bless you always with His joy and strength. Take care and have a blessed weekend!