Apr 18, 2011

A Soul That Thirsts..

My soul is thirsty for you Lord
To drink of your living waters.
My soul longs to be near you.
To sit at your feet and listen.

To be..
In your presence
Basking in your glory.
Feeling your anointing.
Resting in your Love.

To..
Feast at your table.
Break bread with you.
Feed on your word.
Hunger for you more.

To..
Meditate on scriptures.
Stand on your promises.
Hide them in my heart.
Trust and obey them.

To be..
Obedient
Grateful
Commited
Prayful

I worship you in...
Spirit
Truth
Song
Dance.

I surrender my..
Life
Fears
Burdens
Everything

I give you all my..
Devotion
Dreams
Desires
Hopes
Commitment
Concerns
Cares.

I long to be..
Purified
Comforted
Made whole
Healed

I Love you with all my..
Heart
Mind
Soul
Strength

I walk away ...
Refreshed
Restored
Renewed.
Refined.

This is my prayer unto you Lord...
Help me to make time to stop, and take a drink, of your living waters, and to graze upon your word, so my soul can once again be refreshed,and fed.

Written By: Lorie A. Yocum © 2007-2011

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What an amazing prayer. It's a reflection of my heart's desire as well. Love ya and good to have u back ;-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello dear Lori,
I'm just stopping by to wish you and your family a beautiful Easter.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Polly said...

You have such a lovely blog and the prayer in this post is so beautiful. I love the way your words seem to flow so effortlessly. I am glad to find you!!! I love, love, love poetry!

From the Heart said...

Somehow I have missed your last two poems. They are so beautiful.
I do miss you and pray for you all the time. God loves you and has given you such a wonderful talent, I just know He will bring you back to us soon.
Love you, Sistah,
AE

jhunnelle said...

what an earnest prayer

Lord this is also my desire!

Wanda said...

Absolutely beautiful!