Apr 5, 2009

Back From A Breather


The Women of Wellspring Ministries pursued a time of breathing, rest, self-reflection, openness, transparency, courage, and trust. It confirmed to me that I was exactly where the Lord wanted me to be, in my walk with him, and as a woman of God. I came away from this breather with more confidence, assurance, and peace, but most of all I left feeling so rested.

My body felt so light, and energized, I went home not wanting to do anything but dwell upon what I had experienced. I took my pillow and favorite soft cozy green lap blanket, and I cuddled on the couch and amazingly fell asleep with such a peace in my spirit. The Lord used my dearest friend, to bring me to a place where I was invited to come away with him to rest.


Once again, I have been a witness to how much power there is when women come together in unity. When we can worship together, laugh and cry together, create together, pray and study the word together, but most of all when we can uplift, encourage, and inspire, trust and be real with one another. Sometimes we may feel we cannot share our life experiences with other women, yet whatever we have gone through will never be in vain, knowing we have helped sisters realize that they are not alone.

Before the breather ended, we had communion together, we sat in a circle passing the bread and drink to the next sister beside us saying their name, along with these words. This is the body of Christ, broken for you; this is the blood of Christ, shed for you. Each woman took a piece of the bread, dipped it in the drink, and ate of it. I felt such warmth within my body along with renewed strength, an answer to prayer that I had asked my sisters here to pray about before I left.

Thank you to all the sisters at Wellspring for such sweet fellowship, thank you to my sisters here for all of your encouragement and prayers. When hands reach out in friendship, hearts are touched with Joy. I wrote this poem for all my precious Sistahs.


Thanks for your sisterness
And for your blessedness.
For comfort and prayer
For always being there.

Thank you for your touch
That means so very much.
More than you can know
You have helped me grow.

Sisters from the heart
Spirits that will never part
Kindred souls, we will be
Now and through eternity.

Precious gifts from God
Send from Heaven above.
Our love knows no end
My sisters, my forever friends.

Copyright © 2009 By: Lorie A. Yocum



11 comments:

marcy said...

As always lovely, Lorie...I could "feel" the peace. Thanks for passing it on.

blessings always,
marcy

LisaShaw said...

Awww, Praise the Lord dear sister. While I obviously wasn't there I can draw on the strength and warmth through your message and I praise the Lord for that as well.

I love that you each passed the Holy Communion to one another and said your names and what Jesus body and blood means to them. Awesome!

Sharon said...

Awww what a beautiful poem, I am so glad that you had such a good time, that you got to rest in the Lord and share with your sistahs!

I know about those naps afterwards, I did this saturday after the Womens meeting I was exhausted, It really takes alot out of you when you put these on ya know.
Have a beautiful and Blessed day my friend :)

The Raggedy Girl said...

Lorie:
What a lovely poem.

Have A Wonderful Day
from Roberta Anne

From the Heart said...

What can I say except, Praise the Lord for answered prayer. You certainly deserved all that you received from the "breather". I am soooo happy for you. Just continue basking in His presence and His love.
AliceE.

LisaShaw said...

Thank you precious for praying with us for Arianna. I saw your comment on Mare's blog. Love you.

God Chaser said...

Precious words- so glad you received such a blessing from the Lord. It is so wonderful how He answers our prayers and how great the many sisters He have given us to pray with. Blessings

Darlene said...

So glad you had this time of rest and refreshment. and to spend it with Sisters in Christ makes it that much sweeter. I can't wait for our retreat in June!
I always feel encouraged when I come by your place. The poems touch my heart!
Blessings,
Darlene

Rilda said...

Hallelujah!! Sistah Lorie, I can imagine how it will be in heaven reading your post. Like a vacation that will never ever end. *U* He does bring us closer to His bosom when we come to Him purposefully. What a perfect place to be. Thanks for sharing, sending a [[[[[ HUG ]]]]] full of healing. rilda *U*

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lorie,
Wonderful post as always. I pray you have a lovely and blessed Easter this weekend. Jesus is Lord!

Blessings,
Sandi

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

You sound great. Renewed and at peace. I envisioned myself in your circle and I feel a sense of connection to you although I wasn't there. I can imagine the communion taking place and remebering our Lord for what He's given us.

Oh how blessed are we, that HE took "it" all away without a second thought?

I wasn't worthy but am forever greatful!

Love, peace and blessings!