Sep 26, 2009

Near To You



My soul longs to sit at your feet
My spirit desires to be near you
My mind seeks to know more
My heart is ready to receive.

Lord I want To be..

In your presence
Basking in your glory.
Feeling your anointing.
Resting in your Love.


Feasting at your table
Breaking bread with you
Feeding on your word
Drinking your living waters.

Meditating on scriptures
Standing on your promises
Hiding them in my heart
Trusting and obeying them.

Being...
Obedient
Grateful
Committed
Prayerful.

Worshiping you in...
Spirit
Truth
Song
Dance.

Surrendering my..
Life
Fears
Burdens
Everything.

Giving you my..
Life

Family
Devotion
Dreams
Desires
Hopes
Concerns
Cares.

Longing to be..
Purified
Comforted
Made whole
Healed .

Loving you with all my..
Heart
Mind
Soul
Strength.

Walking away ...
Refreshed
Restored
Renewed.
Refined.

Our prayer today...
Lord, help us to make time to stop, be still, and sit quietly at your feet, for in your presence there is fullness of Joy.

Encouragement From My Heart Devotions
Copyright © 2007-2009 Written By: Lorie A. Yocum


15 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Lorie, so very beautiful. To take the time to be in the presence of the Lord is a cherished thing. Blessings to you and yours.

Denise said...

Amen, you are so precious.

Regina, Philippines said...

Amen! Beautiful post Lorie.
(We just had our electric back)

the wild raspberry said...

what a beautiful poem~
have a blessed SUNDAY
chasity

SmilingSally said...

Lorie, you are so creative! I hope you have a beautiful Sunday.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Lorie, your poem touch my heart they are just beautiful.
God Bless,
Ginger

Musings of A Minister said...

Beautiful! Well done.
Thank you. Have a fantastic week.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Just beautiful, Lorie!

Blessings,
Sandi

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom with us Lorie. Your beautiful writing reflects a beautiful soul.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Sue said...

Hi Lorie,
This is my hearts cry too, thank you for sharing, I have been so blessed,
Sue

RCUBEs said...

I love the picture you used...I want to be like that...surrounded by His glory! Great reflection of a heart hungry for Him! God bless you sister!!!

crochet lady said...

Your words are always inspiring.

So, glad you got your earrings and that you like them! It would be great to see a photo of you wearing them!
Love
Jen

Sharon said...

Beautiful as always, have a great week :)
Blessings

From the Heart said...

Beautiful poem. We all need to follow what you have penned and get closer to the Father. He is so dear to me and I love Him with all my heart.
Blessings,
AliceE.

Ruthie said...

That's beautiful. And I love that picture.
Blessings.