Jul 11, 2010

In the Midnight Hour


You come to me in the midnight hour, ministering healing into my spirit. Your whispers of comfort find its way into my soul. I am still, I am quiet, my heart beats to a soothing rhythm, your presence and your peace can be felt like the wind that blows ever so gently. Tears pour out as you release and free me from the spirit of bondage, depression, sadness, fears, and worries, everything that is not of you.

Is it healing to the extent of no more sickness...
Or is it the promise of sweet peace and acceptance of what already is.
Is it healing to my body, to the point of no more pain...
Or is it the promise of your comfort during those times when I hurt within.

In the midnight hour, a new song is created with words that only the spirit and I can hear, sing, and understand, we worship together in dance. I drift away from all limitations, and situations that have kept me bounded, my spirit is free , free to  wonder  fields filled with beautiful wild flowers, gathering each one with such delight.

You whisper deep within, and once again my soul is filled with your life giving words. In the midnight hour you come to me, and let me know that everything is going to be alright. You are in everything, everything that concerns me, you find me in a place of quietness, rest, and stillness. You consume me with renewed strength a
nd wipe my tears with the promise that Joy awaits me in the morning, I feel you holding me ever so closely to your heart, and sleep finally comes.

Written By: Lorie A. Yocum
Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved Used With Permission Only.
Thank you dear friends for all your prayers, there has been such a peace within my spirit and I have felt your prayers.