Jul 16, 2011

Purpose In The Pain



















When anxiety was great within me,
Your consolation brought Joy to my soul.
From my spirit, you heard me, you listened
You had compassion for the groans within..
When I could not cry, and could not speak.
When I felt hopeless and so very weak.

You Said...
Speak my child, I hear your soul weeping
Speak my child , I see your spirit seeking..
Comfort for your affliction, Joy for your tears
Hope for each tomorrow, Faith for your fears.

When many thoughts flooded my mind
Your peace cried out" Be Still", calming each one.
You gave rest to my mind, such heavenly peace
Peace so deeply planted, surpassing my understanding.
When I could not comprehend, nor understand
Your purpose for my life, or your perfect plan.

You said...
Trust me my child, even when you cannot see
Trust me my child, you are where you ought to be.
Do you know that there is purpose in your pain
That in my word, there is healing in my name.

I said..
(Lord) you comfort me in all my afflictions, so that I may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction. With the comfort with which I myself are comforted by you, My purpose is .. Encouraging others, as you encourage me. I am able to find Hope, knowing that their truly is a purpose in the pain.

Written By: Lorie A. Yocum  © Copyright 2011-2013

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a comforting poem. Thank you for sharing. The photo you choose is absolutely perfect.

From the Heart said...

Lori, I just want to let you know that you have been in my prayers. I can hear your pain through your words. God will use you to help others, of that I am sure. May you feel the loving arms of Jesus holding you as you heal. I look forward to the day you can come back online full time and I feel certain you will. God is so good and carries us all even when it feels like there is no end. Praise God for His healing power that flow through our bodies and His unfailing love.
Love you, sistah,
AliceE.

Musings of A Minister said...

Uplifting and encouraging. Thank you.

Alleluiabelle said...

You sprinkled sweet peace across my soul when reading your beautiful poetic heart words. You ALWAYS are such an encouragement to me beautiful woman of God.

Hugs & prayers sent your way,
Alleluiabelle

Brenda said...

Beautiful poem.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Like the pic and the poem

Pamela said...

I hope I can take the encouragement God gives me and use it to encourage others. Beautiful poem.

In Him,
Pamela

Charlotte said...

So beautiful, Lorie. You always encourage. Thank you.
Blessings,
Charlotte

HOPE said...

So beautiful...so much comfort.

I'm sorry that it has been so long since visiting...a lot has gone on...but I'm back to updating my blogs and visiting friends.

Compassion is someone elses Pain in your heart.

Praying for you Lori...

HUGS
HOPE

Brenda said...

soooo beautiful!!!
hugs
Brenda