Aug 27, 2011

Pink Roses.. For My Lady

I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys.
Song of Solomon 2:1

























Pink roses for my lady, I give to you
From heavens garden with a touch of dew.
The sweet scent of purity, it fills the air
Like the fragrance of my love everywhere.
 
The beauty of a rose, simply reminds me
Of the beauty in your soul and a spirit so free.
Each rose so fragile with thorns of strength
You are a woman of grace and excellence.
 
Petals of pink so soft to the touch
Reminds me of your compassionate heart.
I created pink roses so lovely and true
From a seed to it's blooming...
 
I was thinking of you
Love God.

Copyright © 2011 Written By: Lorie A. Yocum

5 comments:

Terra said...

Great poem and tribute to pink roses and the lady.
I have a pink floribunda rose which shelters my statue of Mary, so when I saw "roses and my lady" I thought of her.

Annesphamily said...

This really touched my heart and made my day! Thank you! Anne

From the Heart said...

Through your time away and the things that you have been through Gos has given you some beautiful poetry. No matter what we go through God is always working through us. He certainly has done that with you. May God continue to bless you and may you feel His loving arms around you as I'm sure you do. This poem is beautiful also. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings, my sistah, AE

SARAH MAGES said...

a gentle poem. simply love the flow and thank you God for another poem.
stay blessed always:)

Jonny J Petros said...

Hi, So nice to hear from you! Thank you for your visit, Love this beautiful Poem -roses my favorite, always love to read your poems,beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend. Sincerely,Jonny