Feb 7, 2009

Dwelling In The Stillness Of His Presence

How lovely is Your dwelling place,O LORD of hosts! Blessed are those who dwell in Your house,ever singing your praise! (Psalm 84)


Dwell: To abide; to remain; to continue.
Shekinah Glory: Shekinah: “shakan”: means “to dwell”. The word Shekinah, found in the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, literally means dwelling. It is used to signify God's presence, and it is used in Hebrew writings to describe where God dwells

When you are so in love, you just want to spend more and more time with that special someone. This is how I have felt as I have been on my “Journey toward Stillness,” with the Lord. Dwelling in the presence of his holiness, just made me want to know the Holy Spirit more and more. I longed to bask in his “shekinah glory”, a place, where he dwells, a place of unlimited access to Father God, through Jesus, our redeemer.

When I think of his dwelling place of unlimited access, heaven’s almighty throne room comes to mind, A place where I can go and dwell with the Lord at anytime, no appointments, or tickets needed, no waiting list, or long lines, just unlimited excess twenty four seven. Just knowing this makes me fall on my knees before the lover of my soul, I can’t help but allow tears of unspeakable joy to flow.

Times when the only words that come out of my mouth are, Jesus, thank you, or just I love you Lord. Times when all I want to do is just lift my hands up to the throne room, or just cry, times when I just go before him not wanting or asking for anything. Times when I just want to be, be still, be quiet, be held, be comforted, be safe, just to be me.

I love being a wife, mom, nana, daughter, sister and friend, yet when I come before him for those moments, I just want to come before him as a child longing to just sit with my Father to lay my head close to his heart. To tell him over and over how much I love him. Times when I just long to be alone dwelling in the stillness with my Lord.

Right now, just where you are, as you listen to the music playing, however the holy spirit leads you, enter into his shekinah glory, his dwelling place, his presence, his throne room, enter in just as a child longing to be held by her Father, telling him just how much you love him. Whether you are on your knees or just lifting your hands, his glory can’t help but begin to fill your soul, he will pour his love into every part of your being.

All worries, fears, and burdens are left behind as you enter into his holiness; it’s just his spirit and your spirit, his heart and your heart, joining as one. There is “power, peace, healing, restoration breakthroughs, unlimited Love, forgiveness, and grace in the heavenly throne room.

You see when you seek to dwell in the presence of God with all that is within you, when you hunger, and thirst after him, the Lord comes down to where you are in all his heavenly glory and abides in the hearts of his children, his dwelling place where he lets us know he is ever so near.

Just as the heart of our earthly father delights to hear his daughter express her love for him, how much more does the heart of our heavenly father delights in them as well

I love you, Lord..
And my heart will follow, only after you.



21 comments:

Beth in NC said...

That is beautiful. I absolutely LOVE sitting in His presence. There is nothing to compare.

Have a beautiful Saturday!
Beth

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

No words...thank you for sharing that. Pray for the hands and heart that I'm sharing this work of yours to.
Love you,
Pam
2nd blog is http://faithfolk.blogspot.com

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Looking for your email, can't find it but wanted to share this with you...from Streams in the Desert today. I thought of you...Hugs,Pam
"Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south, blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out!" (Song of Solomon 4:16).
Look at the meaning of this prayer a moment. Its root is found in the fact that, as delicious odors may lie latent in a spice tree, so graces may lie unexercised and undeveloped in a Christian's heart. There is many a plant of profession; but from the ground there breathes forth no fragrance of holy affections or of godly deeds. The same winds blow on the thistle bush and on the spice tree, but it is only one of them which gives out rich odors.

Sometimes God sends severe blasts of trial upon His children to develop their graces. Just as torches burn most brightly when swung to and fro; just as the juniper plant smells sweetest when flung into the flames; so the richest qualities of a Christian often come out under the north wind of suffering and adversity. Bruised hearts often emit the fragrance that God loveth to smell.
"I had a tiny box, a precious box Of human love--my spikenard of great price; I kept it close within my heart of hearts, And scarce would lift the lid lest it should waste its perfume on the air. One day a strange deep sorrow came with crushing weight, and fell upon my costly treasure, sweet and rare, and broke the box to atoms. All my heart rose in dismay and sorrow at this waste, but as I mourned, behold a miracle of grace Divine. My human love was changed to Heaven's own, and poured in healing streams on other broken hearts, while soft and clear a voice above me whispered, "Child of Mine, with comfort wherewith thou art comforted, from this time forth, go comfort others, and thou shalt know blest fellowship with Me, whose broken heart of love hath healed the world."

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

What a beautiful post...and oh how precious is that word dwell...

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lorie,
Thank you for your encouraging words. Words of wisdom! Beautiful song too. Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

From the Heart said...

Thanks for another great post on being in the Presence of God. I'm still struggling with that, but I do want to be close to Him. I know He answers my prayers. I won't give up.

My ultrasound on my liver was normal, but my cholesterol is up. I posted it on my blog to give God the glory for healing me.
Luv u,
AliceE. :)

The Raggedy Girl said...

So beautiful and from your heart. How our LORD must love the praises of your words today.
♥Roberta Anne

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Beth,
Yes! Nothing can compare,and we won't leave his presence the same. We walk away transformed or touched in a such special way by his holy spirit. Thanks for sharing your heart with me today.

Hugz Lorie


Pam,
I am blessed by your visit today, and thank you from my heart for those beautiful words from the song of Solomom, I will write it in my journal as I always do when someone gives me words from the Bible that speaks so close to my heart as these words do. Thank you Pam for encouraging ,me this morning.

Hugz Lorie




Angela..
I so blessed to see you, thanks for stopping by and sharing your heart with me today.

Hugz Lorie



Sandi,
Thanks Sistah!!
Have a beautiful weekend and keep spreading your "JOY" Thank you for being such a blessing when you visit me.

Hugz Lorie

Alice,
The Lord knows your heart and I know he dwells within your precious heart. He is there and is with you every where you go. What a great praise report, thanks for updating me. I continue to keep you in prayer my sweet friend.

Hugz Lorie

Hi Roberta.
I love knowing the Lord inhabits the praises of his people. You know sometimes I think that with all that he has to do when he hears the voices of his children praising him in words or song, when they are calling out his name, when they are praying to him he just stops and comes down to where we are and delights in our presence as well. He is so amazing!!!

Hugz Lorie

Cathy said...

So very beautiful, my sweet friend, Lorie ~

Joyfulsister said...

Cathy,
Thanks for sharing your heart with me today!!

(((((Hugz))))))

LisaShaw said...

Sweet Sister, I'm so in agreement with your message that I felt like I was writing it with you. We are definitely one in the Glory (Shekinah Glory) of our LORD.

He's so worthy of our love, our worship, our obedience, our everything...makes my heart cry out I love you Lord! We love you Lord!

Hallelujah!!!

Edie said...

Oh Amen Lorie. Whenever I even hear the Shekinah Glory I fall into Him. Awesome post.

Rick said...

I never knew that about the word Shekinah. Thanks

Becky said...

Just beautiful. I am always edified by my visits here. Thank you.

Toia said...

This is a beautiful and very encouraging post. I thank God for using you in such a powerful way. You are a blessing.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Like you and many other women, I wear many hats. I have had many love affairs, but none like the one I'm experiencing with my Lord and Savior. Knowing I can come to him anytime time of day or night just as I am, comforts me in ways I couldn't possibly explain in this post. Stillness has helped me to become the woman I am and I'm excited to see what else he has in store for me. I'm learning to watch TV less and meditate more and the wisdom that I'm getting from those moments of stillness have tremondously increased my spiritual growth and relationship with Jesus.

Have a Happy Sunday!
The butterfly

Rilda said...

Walking in that presence is beyond words. Daily allowing His spirit to speak to you and YOU hear it. *U* Is the most humbling place although life filled place to be.
The secret place of the most High.
Thanks for sharing your heart of truth and warmth my friend. God's healing over you too, rilda *U*

Tamela's Place said...

Beautiful! The words I love You may be few but they are the cry of my heart to my Jesus!

God bless you :)

Edie said...

Hi Lorie!
(off topic) - I'm so glad you like the valentine gifts. I just folded the doilies kind of like an envelope. I brought the sides together and overlapped slightly, then folded up the bottom. I used a glue stick for everything except the rose. Used a glue gun for that.

I would love to see how yours turn out! ((Hugz))

God Chaser said...

Hi Lori, again you have touched me deeply. Keep ministering my sister. Blessing, peace, love and joy.

Ruthie said...

Beautiful and inspiring post. Thanks for sharing.