May 30, 2010

My Life Is In Your Hands.

This morning, my heart longed to give praises of thanks unto the Lord  for allowing me to be used as a vessel for his glory. I know that I was created out of his love, and to fulfill the purpose and plans he had for my life, since I was born. The many trials, tribulations, mountains, valleys, storms, and afflictions I have had to face, has indeed humbled me, given me courage, strength, and most of all hope.













My Life Is In Your Hands

You hold not only my life, but my heart in your hands
Lord, not just a little part me, but all that I am.
You knew me; formed me, and called me by name
You had plans for me, and my life you claimed.

You held my tiny heart, ever so gently and with care
I was safe in your hands, you were always there.
While within my mother’s womb, safe and warm
Her heartbeat played, such a beautiful love song.

In the depth of darkness, Lord you never left my side
As I entered into the light, you heard my first cry.
I was given life to serve you, here on this earth
You have given me a purpose, you given me worth.

Lord, you had plans for me, you touched my lips
To share with others, the words you would speak.
You anointed my hands to write everlasting psalms
Poetry to encourage, and uplift your precious ones.

In the midnight hours, you fill my soul with songs
Words of healing and hope, that makes a spirit strong.
Songs that would help a broken soul to understand
Your mercy and your grace, and Love that never ends.

You still hold my life and my heart in your hands
Through each journey, you’ve helped me to stand.
You have been by my side, right from the start.
And I will always be, a woman after your heart.

Written By: Lorie A. Yocum Copyright © 2009-2010
Dedicated To: My Lord And Savior Jesus Christ.

13 comments:

From the Heart said...

A beautiful poem about a beautiful lady. You are precious in His site and I'm so glad He put you in my life. May God continue to bless you, use you, heal you, and love you.
Love and prayers, AE

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is wonderful! As soon as I saw the title, the song
"My life is in your Hands" sung by Kirk Franklin came to mind. The poem conveys a similiar message of hope and trust. Thank you for sharing this Spiritual Sunday. Have a nice Memorial Day and a great week ahead!

Apron Senorita said...

Amen. We are here for his glory not ours.

Yoli :)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this is so beautiful....and knowing that He is there...always...never leaving...holding us so close...comforts.

Cathy said...

So very lovely, my sweet friend ~ I do hope you are feeling better. Love and Hugs ~

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

Oh, what a beautiful and uplifting poem. That comes from the heart of a true follower of our Lord. Thank you for sharing. You should submit that for publishing. God bless you my friend.

Renee said...

This is a beautiful poem. A good reminder for us all..God bless.

Denise said...

I love you sweet sis.

Arlette said...

You have such a beautiful and inspirational blog. I thoroughly enjoyed browsing. Thanks for visiting my blog. Oh, and I live on Oahu too.
Aloha!

Just Be Real said...

Lori this was beautiful and a reminder I needed. Blessings.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a beautiful and touching poem.
God Bless,
Ginger

Charlotte said...

This is so beautiful Lorie. I'm thankful the Lord has used you and is still using you to bless so many others.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Unknown said...

What a great word today!

Thanks for sharing your heart. I esp. love the part that says...

"In the midnight hours, you fill my soul with songs
Words of healing and hope, that makes a spirit strong.
Songs that would help a broken soul to understand
Your mercy and your grace, and Love that never ends"

Blessings to you,
Melanie