Mar 4, 2009

Total Surrender


I have found treasures hidden in the darkness in a place where the soul stores mysteries unknown. For such a time till one is ready to fully understand that total surrender is not a weakness but true strength.

It’s about coming to a place in life where you let go of the control button that your fingers tightly grip. For there is no perfection, just forgiveness in failure. It’s about letting go in total surrender, and giving God full control.

It’s being humbled enough to allow him to get to that part of your soul as he slowly peels away the layers, that have hidden the true hurts, and pain, for so long. Yes, it hurts, for each layer stripped away exposes truth.


Now there is nothing to hide behind anymore, the walls have come down, the prison door is opened. The truth is, it was always open, and the keys were in it, but blinded eyes could not see it, because captivity was all it knew.

But who the son sets free, is free indeed, free to build new layers of forgiveness, strength, courage, and hope. These were the hidden treasures found in the darkness when the light of God's truth set a soul free one day.

Copyright © 2007-2009 Written By: Lorie A.Yocum



14 comments:

Sharon said...

Praise God, Yes he has set me free.
Again you have written this so beautifully and so touching to the heart.
God Bless you my friend
Blessings

Sheryl said...

As always....beautiful!!

Nicole said...

This is beautiful Lori! Toal surrender. That's the posture I want to have!

Love,
Nicole

Joy said...

It's always amazing to me that the Lord shows himself in mysterious ways. but when you always look back to reflect you can see his presence, his love and his grace. if you can forgive and let go of your anger, you truly are free. once you know that God is the only one whos in control...and you totally surrender...then will you be free. I need to remember that especially in times when I think I need to do it NOW! I just need to sit back and let him take control. thank you for your insight!

From the Heart said...

Yes, total surrender to the Father is what we all need to do. A beautiful post and I believe you have reached that point. Praise God. I'm so happy for you.
AliceE. :)

nomore said...

what a beautiful post! true indeed!
I look forward to visiting again :O)

Blessings In Him,
Deanna

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Lori,
While I read this I was thinking about our freedom in Christ. How... once we truly surrender to Him... we are changed from the inside out.
Something happened in my life yesterday where , I had to STAND for God, and in doing so, had to step on the toes of someone who I'm supposed to respect?... It was so hard because it's not in my makeup to confront anyone. But knowing I SURRENDER TO CHRIST, and need to please God first over man...- well; this also set me free. It was my act of complete surrender to Him. FELT REALLY GOOD!
I always learn so much when I visit your site. You are such a sweet inspiration and encouragement.
Holykisses,
Lea

Alene said...

We are free indeed. Last Sunday was a pivotal day for me - as the church say "Amazing Grace" when the line "my chains are gone" I literally felt like chains were being lifted! Oh girl - it is awesome to feel the freedom again. Love you sistah!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Amen to that. The Lord set me free and I can't imagine going back to the lost sould I use to be. I surrendered to him last May and I'm going to celebrate the rest of my days on earth. HE saw something in me that I would have never seen in myself. I have never felt as free as I do now.

Surrender is a word I would have never embraced but now I can say that I've finally surrendered.

love, peace and blessings for a great day.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lorie,
I am so happy to hear from you. I have had my son and his family home with their new baby for a visit and then I was busy getting my home back in order after they left. Been bitten by the flu bug too, so I haven't been doing very much until just this week really. Now I am working on a Give-Away on my blog so that has kept me busy. What you have written is so beautiful and thought provoking. Totally surrendered is how He wants all of us. Till then we cannot be really free! Thank you again for sharing what God has put in your heart and having it minister to us!

Blessings,
Sandi

Kelly said...

YOu have the most amazing, beautiful heart. Thank you!

Ruthie said...

Well spoken.
I enjoyed my visit as always.
Blessings.

Toia said...

Amen!!! Lovely and inspirational. Have a bless weekend!!

Barb said...

I just discovered your blog. Absolutely beautiful and God-glorifying. I love your poem on surrender and look forward to reading your other posts.